Sunday 14 December 2014

Draft Evaluation Question 3 -

What have you learned from your audience feedback?


Throughout this course I have received a vast amount of feedback from teachers, peers and members of my target audience. By receiving feedback on my products, i have been able to discover a variety of both positive and negative opinions. The positive opinions i received allowed me to see that my products were doing their intended job and were entertaining and enjoyable for the audience to view. The negative feedback i received came in the form
of constructive criticism and allowed me to see where and how i could improve my products. This area of feedback was extremely useful, as without it, my final products would not be at the standard that I, my teachers and my target audience were expecting.

Research and Planning Feedback -

The research and planning stage was a hectic part of the course, as a vast amount of ideas and posts had to be posted on the blog in a short space of time. During this time, i received feedback on certain posts, such as my mood board. I received comments such as "These mood boards are class! You've found a lot of images which clearly show where you are getting your inspiration and ideas from" - Jack Wildbore. I also received feedback on my 25 word pitch, which was created to give my peers and teachers a clear insight into my plans and ideas for the music video e.g. where i was going to film the video etc. "I feel the pitch gets to the point and is very good at establishing what genre you are and what you are intending to do with your video." - Matthew Hopkins.



Draft Products Feedback -

After I had posted my draft products to the blog, i received mixed responses from my teachers and my peers. Whilst analysing my draft music video, both teachers stated that aspects of my video, such as the shots of the band playing the song in their studio were extremely well done, however, neither teacher liked the idea of the outside, night time shots of the city. The two also agreed that the use of certain shots to represent particular lyrics did not have the desired effect, as they did not match or portray the correct meaning of the lyric, for example, the use of a traffic light turning to red to portray the lyric "he told Roxanne to put on her red light."

Whilst analysing my draft advertising poster and digipak, both teachers again agreed that aspects of my products were good, however, improvements had to be made.

"Jack, i like the idea of the advert and i can see how you have been influenced, however, the band logo is far too big, and the quality of the image is poor. You could also replace the iTunes logo with another magazine review, to add symmetry to the page. Similarly to your advert, your digipak contains good elements, however, once again your band logos are massively over sized, as is the text on the second panel. The back panel of the digipak is good, but where is the track list?  You also need to add more panels, to make the digipak a six panel product." - Mr Ford

Final Products Feedback -

After i had finished re designing and editing my final digipak and advertising poster, I uploaded them to the blog and once again received feedback from my teachers and my peers. "Jack, i am glad to see that you have taken my feedback into consideration and have tweaked aspects of your digipak and advert. The poster is much more aesthetically pleasing, as the use of a smaller logo makes the page appear neater. The digipak is now looking better also, as you have completed all six of the panels required. There is a huge improvement to the back panel of the digipak, due to the introduction of a track list." - Mr Ford.

"There is quite a difference between your draft and final product in both the digipak and advert. The design is similar with the same colour scheme but you have made the band logo smaller and used a different, clearer picture on the advert. I think they look a lot neater and more professional.
Also, in the digipak it is much better on the back cover with the names of the songs, as it makes the page look more professional. Overall a good improvement." - Adam Chapman. 

Final Music Video Twitter Response -

Once i had uploaded my final music video on YouTube, i opted to share my product on social networking sights such as Twitter, to gain feedback from members of my target audience (Indie Scenesters aged between 16 and 25) The following images are comments i received from members of my target audience. Sharing my video in this particular way, acted as a form of screening or premier of my music video, as a large amount of my target audience were able to view and comment on my product, expressing their own opinions.






The comments i received were mostly complimentary and very positive. By posting my final music video to Twitter, I was able to see the reactions of my target audience. By receiving positive comments, i have discovered that my video has been a success, as I has completed my original brief and have created an indie rock music video, which aims to entertain indie scenesters aged between 16 and 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment