Wednesday 19 November 2014

Teacher Feedback -

Shortly after submitting my draft music video, I received feedback from my teachers on the positives and negatives of my video, and what improvements I could make. Both of my teachers agreed that I had some good elements in my video, however both also agreed that a number of improvements need to be made.

Both teachers stated that aspects of my video, such as the shots of the band playing the song in their studio were extremely well done, however, neither teacher liked the idea of the outside, night time shots. The two also agreed that the use of certain shots to represent particular lyrics did not have the desired effect, as they did not match or portray the correct meaning of the lyric, for example, the use of a traffic light turning to red to portray the lyric "he told Roxanne to put on her red light."

I was also made aware that I need to re-frame certain shots, due to the lack of light and offensive writing written on the walls behind the performers.

My teachers also pointed out the fact that certain members of the band were not playing their instruments in the correct way e.g. the drummer was not drumming in time with the song or in the correct way.

Since receiving my teacher feedback, I have analysed the teachers' comments and have thought, in detail about how I can improve my music video. Therefore, I have decided to take the teachers positive criticism into consideration, and am going to make the following improvements whilst filming my final music video –

- Firstly, I am going to reframe the shots of the band practice room, to reduce the risk of offensive writing being seen by the audience.

- I am then going to add more lighting to the room, to ensure that all band members can be seen by the audience.

- I will then ensure that every single band member is playing in time with the song, and in a way which appears as if they are actually playing the instrument and the song itself. Although this will be difficult (as certain members of my band are unable to play certain instruments) I will ensure that the members practice, so that it appears as if they are and can in fact play the instruments.

- I am also going to take the teachers advice into consideration, and will focus solely on the band. The teachers have advised me not to include outside, night time shots, as they believe that simplistic shots of the band will be more effective. therefore, whilst filming my final music video, I am going to film the band in a variety of different locations to make the final video interesting for the audience to watch.

- Although the teachers did not point this particular point out, it is something which I feel needs to improve, this is the overall appearance of my band members. Although certain members were dressed in a suitable way e.g. the lead singer dressed in a white t-shirt with a leather jacket etc. other members were not. Therefore, to make the overall appearance of my music video appear professional and realistic, I am going to style my band members in a more suitable way.

- Finally, I am going to ensure that each and every lyric of the song is sung in time, and whilst editing, I ensure that every piece of lip syncing is perfectly in time, to add a professional edge and make it look as if my performer is actually singing the song.



No comments:

Post a Comment