Tuesday 9 September 2014

Band Clothing -

In order to make my fictitious band appear like a real indie rock band i am going to attempt to emulate the clothing styles of real indie rock bands such as The Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian and Beady Eye. The types of clothing i am going to style my band members in are leather jacket's, shirts, t-shirts, skinny jeans,  blazers, denim Jackets, jewelry e.g. chains, wrist bands etc, sunglasses and anoraks.

I want to style my band in clothing commonly associated with indie/alternative rock to add authenticity to both my band and my video. In my opinion, the band needs to look the part in order for the video to work. By styling my band in clothing such as leather jackets and sunglasses etc. the audience is able to connote the fact that the band they are about to watch are from the indie rock genre. I would also like members of my band to be eye catching and unique, so that they can stand out in the musical world and become a huge presence in the indie rock scene, similarly to the likes of The Arctic Monkeys, for example, lead singer Alex Turner is extremely recogniseable due to his fashion sense (smart suits, leather jackets etc.) as well as his hair style. This is a technique which i am hoping to emulate whilst styling my lead singer. I am hoping to make lead singer Welch into an iconic figure, not just in the band, but in the indie rock genre and entire musical world.

By choosing clothing which matches both the song and the setting, i am hoping that the overall effect of the music video will be extremely authentic, original and professional, just how a real music video should be.

Below are a collection of images of The Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian and Beady Eye, the three bands who i am attempting to emulate whilst styling my indie rock band.












































No comments:

Post a Comment