Monday 8 September 2014

Filming Locations -

After searching for a location for a number of weeks, i have finally found the ideal location for my music video to be filmed. The chosen venue is a lock up/band practice room on Yeoman Street, central Leicester.


An outside view of my chosen filming location, taken from Google maps. This particular photo also features the address of the location.





There are a variety of reasons as to why i chose this particular location.

Here is an image of lead singer Dean Welch, recording inside the studio. 
Firstly, the location is perfect, as the room itself matches the indie/alternative genre excellently. This particular factor, along with the bands choice of clothing is what will allow them to appear as a real indie rock band, which is what i am aiming to portray in my music video. Another factor which attracted me to this particular venue is where it is situated. My chosen venue is situated in the middle of central Leicester, and so will allow me to add a variety of different shots and settings into the music video. This urban setting may also match the lyrics and bring both the song and the video to life. Another reason as to why this location is perfect is the fact that it is on the same road as indie rock music venue 'The Shed.' This particular feature could be incorporated into my music video, giving my band and music video a boost of authenticity.

The second reason as to why i chose this particular location is due to the fact that the lock up is used by a real band. Dean Welch, my friend and lead singer of my fictitious band, uses this particular venue on regular basis, and writes and performs song with other members of his band. This particular factor attracted me to the venue, as this portrays the authenticity of the location, and will hopefully create an authenticity to both my band and my music video.

The third reason as to why i chose this location is due to the fact that all the necessary equipment is already there. As mentioned before, this particular venue is used by a real band on a regular basis, and so equipment such as guitars, microphones, drums and speakers are constantly stored inside, making the job of organisation a lot easier.

The fourth and most important feature witch attracted me to this particular venue is the price. As this setting is used on a regular basis by my friends, i will be able to film my music video inside the lock up free of charge. When i discovered this factor, i was thrilled, as i have discovered that some of my fellow class members will have to both hire out and pay for their venues, which i would have found somewhat difficult to do.


A birds eye view of Leicester. The red arrow indicates the exact location of my venue.


Here is a mid-shot of the studio. This particular photo portrays
the rooms size and alternative appearance.


An image of a speaker, inside the studio. 


A view of the indie rock music venue 'The Shed' which is situated on Yeoman street.



No comments:

Post a Comment