Saturday 13 September 2014

Digipak Inspiration -

Below are a collection of album covers from a variety of bands from the indie rock genre. I have opted to post these particular album covers, as in my opinion they are interesting, simple and eye catching. Although many of the album covers below are black and white, they still possess the power to stand out on the shelf, due to their iconic images and eye catching features. In my opinion, the simplicity holds the key to success, as the audience is able to memorize the image featuring on the cover itself. If an album cover is overly complicated, then it will not be memorable and will be overlooked by the audience. Whilst designing my album/digipak, i am hoping to emulate some of the techniques which feature on the existing album covers below, to ensure that my digipak is eye catching, realistic and professional. 










































No comments:

Post a Comment