Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Song -

The song which will be featuring in my music video is 'When The Sun Goes Down' by indie Rock band The Arctic Monkeys.

I opted to choose this song for  a variety of different reasons. Firstly, I wanted to choose a track that I enjoy, as I feel I can connect more with the song and therefore make a better quality music video.

The second reason as to why I chose this song is because of its simplicity. Although it is a fantastic song, it is one which does not feature out of this world, extremely difficult guitar or drum solo’s and does not feature lyrics which are impossible to learn and sing along to. Both of these factors attracted me to this particular song, as when my band are being filmed, it must look as if they are actually playing the music. By choosing a song which is not too overly complicated, the final image should appear extremely professional and realistic, just how a real music video should.

The third reason as to why I chose this particular song is because of its uniqueness. In my opinion, this song is very distinctive and is unlike any other in this particular genre (indie rock) I am hoping that this uniqueness will travel with the song into the video itself, as I am hoping to create a video which is both entertaining, individual and complements the song.

The fourth reason as to why I chose this song is due to its time or length. This particular song is 3:25 seconds long, and so is the ideal time for the audience to listen to the song, as well as watch the music video. By choosing a song which is between 3 and 4 minutes, I am hoping to create a video which is memorable and sticks in the audience’s mind, I also want my video to be entertaining and to not bore the audience, which in my opinion, videos over 4 minutes long tend to do.

The fifth reason as to why i chose this song is due to the fact that members of my fictitious band can actually play this song. This factor is extremely important, as if my band members are playing exactly in time with the music, whilst playing the correct chords on the guitars etc. the overall appearance of my music video will look both realistic and professional. 

Below is my chosen song -


No comments:

Post a Comment