Wednesday 17 September 2014

Narrative Element -

After much consideration, I have finally chosen a specific narrative element which I will use throughout my music video. The narrative element I have chosen is known as 'Amplification.'

I opted to choose this particular narrative element as I feel as if it suits my directing style, my genre of music videos (as a large number of indie rock videos I have analysed use amplification as the narrative element) as well as my song choice.

By using the Amplification narrative element I am hoping to create a video which matches certain lyrics, but does not give away the songs meaning through the visuals. I am hoping that by using the amplification element, I can create a music video which is slightly mysterious, intriguing and interesting to watch, to keep the audience hooked for the entirety of the song/video.

Also, by choosing this particular narrative element, I have allowed myself a certain amount of creativity which I am hoping to use whilst filming my music video. Due to the fact that my visuals do not have to totally match the lyrics, I am hoping to use a variety of different techniques and settings to make my music video interesting for the audience to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment