Thursday 18 September 2014

Inspirational Director -

After searching for an inspirational director for a vast amount of time, I finally discovered Aaron Brown, who works for a music and art company named 'Focus Creeps.'
Whilst researching further into Brown and Focus Creeps, I discovered a number of aspects which attracted me to both the company and the director. Firstly, Aaron Brown and Focus Creeps have worked with The Arctic Monkeys on a number of occasions, producing music videos such as 'R U Mine?' and 'One For The Road.' This particular factor attracted me to both the director and the company, as The Arctic Monkeys are the main band which I am attempting to emulate whilst designing and styling both my models and my music video. Therefore, by using a director who has worked with the band who is my main focus, I am hoping to discover a number of techniques which will allow me to create a realistic music video which will match my band and song perfectly.

The second reason as to why I chose this particular director and company is due to the fact that their music videos are commonly filmed in black and white. This particular factor attracted me to both the director and the company, as this is a technique which I hoping to emulate whilst filming and editing my music video. From watching a number of Arctic Monkeys music videos which are filmed by Brown/Focus Creeps, I have discovered that the black and white effect matches both the artist and the song extremely well, and allows the music video to be unique and extremely interesting. This is a technique which I m hoping to use, to make my music video appear unique and interesting also.

Another factor which attracted me to this particular director and company was their use of a particular narrative technique which is used in certain videos. From the videos I have watched (directed by Brown/Focus Creeps) I have discovered that the Amplification technique is used. this particular factor attracted me to both the director and the company as the Amplification technique is something which I am opting to use within my music video. After watching a variety of music videos directed and filmed by Focus Creeps, I have discovered that the Amplification technique works perfectly with the genre, the artist and the song, allowing the video to appear extremely professional, once again, this is something which I am hoping to use in order to make my music video appear extremely realistic and professional.

Below are some examples of Arctic Monkeys music videos, directed by Aaron brown/Focus Creeps -










No comments:

Post a Comment